Recondition Rehabilitation Program
Lawrence Private Hospital specialises in fast and slow stream rehabilitation the hospital provides a holistic approach with qualified and experienced staff responsible for the care and rehabilitation of participants.
The Reconditioning Program is designed to cater to the rehabilitation needs of those living with fall both acute and chronic conditions. The Specialised Rehabilitation Team enables participants to maximise their individual functional needs across all areas with the support of; physiotherapy, exercise physiology, occupational therapy speech pathology, dietitian and psychology. Our specialist team and exceptional facilities ensure the best outcomes for our participants. Referrals can be made from your GPs or Medical Specialists for those living with the conditions detailed below. Lawrence Hargrave Private actively encourages people with acute or chronic conditions to participate in a rehabilitation program designed to support and maintain optimal levels of function.
- Participants who have had an acute surgical intervention.
- Participants who have experienced an acute medication condition or exacerbation including but not limited to; septicaemia, renal failure, liver failure, cardiac or respiratory illness.
- Participants who have experienced an acute exacerbation of inflammatory arthritis with concurrent disability.
- Participants who have experienced exacerbation of a chronic illness; chronic obstructive airway disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- The acute episode has resulted in the patient requiring assistance with activities of daily living, and or transfers and ambulating.
- The participant’s condition is likely to benefit from a multidisciplinary approach from physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech pathology.
For more information please contact our Day Program Coordinator on: 02 4267 2811.