BEFORE YOUR ADMISSION
Your booking will be made by your referring doctor and you will be assessed as to your suitability for a rehabilitation program by a rehabilitation specialist.
PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE
Lawrence Hargrave Hospital will contact your health fund prior to your admission to confirm your level of cover and whether you have an excess on your policy. In the event of any monies owing, you will be notified prior to or on admission and we ask that you pay this on discharge.
WHAT TO BRING
Please bring your:
- Medicare Card
- Health Fund documentation
- Compensation details, if your treatment is related to a workers compensation or third party claim
- Pension, pharmaceutical benefits, concession or Veteran Affairs card
- Referral letters or relevant x-rays
- Any medications that your are currently taking
- Glucometer, if you are Diabetic and have your own.
The admission staff will ask you to sign forms necessary to claim from your health fund. If you have any queries about your fund coverage the admission staff will be happy to help.
To ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible you will need to bring:
- Night attire, dressing gown, slippers
- Personal toiletries, tissues
- Prosthesis or aids you require
- If you will be attending therapy you will need comfortable street clothes e.g. shorts, t-shirts, tracksuit.
- Sensible comfortable walking shoes
- Your swimming costumes as your program may include Hydrotherapy.
To ensure a worry free stay with us we strongly recommend that jewellery and other valuables be left at home; and you limit your cash you bring with you. Our provision for safe custody is limited and we are unable to accept responsibility for items bought in with you.